NIS/INMS site council
The Newport Intermediate/Isaac Newton Magnet School Site Council meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month. The following are the members of the NIS/INMS Site Council:
- Majalese Tolan (principal)
- Chairperson Ted DeWitt (parent)
- Vice-Chairperson Vicki Krutzikowsky (parent)
- Secretary Beth Mathewson (teacher)
- Debby Clark (teacher)
- Betty Greenwald (classified employee)
All meetings are open to the public.
The duties of the 21st Century School Councils under state law shall:
- The development of plans to improve the professional growth of a school's staff;
- The improvement of its instructional program;
- The development and coordination of plans for the implementation of programs in accordance with Oregon's Educational Act for the 21st Century;
- The administration of grants-in-aid for the professional development of teachers and classified district employees; and
- Advising the Board in the development of a plan for school safety and student discipline as developed by the Center for School Safety.
2011 Minutes2010 Minutes